- Artisan Food & Bakery Packaging
- 2.75 x 4.25" Compostable Cellophane Bags [Imperfect]
Buy in Bulk and Save!
- Buy 1 or above and get 0% off
Discount will be applied at checkout
Often other companies will dispose of imperfect but usable products - causing needless waste. As part of our no-waste philosophy, we've chosen to offer these imperfect 2.75 x 4.25" compostable cellophane bags at a discounted price.
This product does not meet our strict quality standards, therefore is discounted and final sale. Here are the notable imperfections:
- Weak bottom seal and weak back seam. Seams may fail if used for heavy goods, or if bag is held from top edges and shaken.
- An estimated 50% of these bags are imperfect, and the remaining 50% are estimated to be first quality and unaffected.
- Not suitable for heavier items (such as candy-coated chocolate, etc.)
- Best used for low weight items (such as a croissant, etc.)
Please see product photos for examples. Not all bags have been checked individually, estimates are based on quality control sampling.
Compostable cellophane bags are a great eco-friendly alternative to petroleum-based plastics. The most sustainable packaging the planet has to offer! Perfect for packaging dry food products (such as tea, grains, and spices), as well as apparel and other non-food items.
- Pre-printed compost symbol on back of bag
- 1.2mil Thickness
- Heat Sealable. Moisture and oil resistant
- Meets FDA requirements for direct food contact
- Industrial and Home Compostable Film
- Made from Sustainable Wood Cellulose (>90%)
- Made in USA
These films meet composting standards for both industrial and home composting environments
Standards and Certifications:
ASTM D6400, BPI, EN13432, EN14995, TUV OK Compost Home, N FT 51-800, AS4736, AS5810, ISO17088, ISO15985
Also suitable for anaerobic digestion (ISO 15985).
Screened for biodegradation and disintegration in seawater (ASTM D 7801-05 and ASTM D 6691-09).
Please compost, where accepted. Safe for Home Composting. Results in home compost systems may vary.
Learn About Elevate Packaging’s Composting Standards
The compostable films used to produce these cello bags are made from FSC-certified wood cellulose fibers, sourced using sustainable forestry principles.
These compostable cellophane bags are vegan and non-GMO. They do not contain harmful chemicals such as bisphenol (including BPA and over a dozen other derivatives), fluorinated chemicals like PFAS, or phthalates.
Printed with compost symbol and green banner that reads "COMPOSTABLE - Elevate Packaging" on back of bag.
Fold-over bottom seal. Seam on back of bag.
Not tested for weight capacity.
Suitable for sealing with most standard heat sealers.
Not suitable for freezer temperatures, material may become brittle. For freezer use please see our compostable stand-up pouches.
Due to the thickness of the material these bags are not suitable for vacuum sealing, and may not provide an air-tight seal when heat-sealed. For vacuum sealing or an air-tight seal please see our compostable stand-up pouches.
Not intended for constant or regular contact with liquids, creams, or moisture.
We recommend testing in the type of environment and with expected use from start to finish to be certain the material meets all requirements and expectations before purchase.
Available in Custom Printing and Dimensions (Minimum 10,000) Upon Request
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed